MW in Mar. 2015 (in Kagoshima, Japan)
Kagoshima city is the capital city of Kagoshima Prefecture at the south western tip of the island of Kyushu in Japan, and the largest city in the prefecture by some margin.
It has been nicknamed the ‘Naples of the Eastern world’ for its bay location (Aira Caldera), hot climate, and impressive stratovolcano, Sakurajima.
There is one local MW station named ‘Minami-nihon-hoso’ (MBC-Radio / JOCF).
Their key radio site is on 1107kHz (20kW), moreover a lot of relayed transmitting sites in this prefecture not only MW but also FM.
Also one local traditional high-powered FM station named ‘FM Kagoshima’ (JOOV-FM/79.8MHz/ 1KW) is on the air.
Take Sekiguchi is an editor-in-chief of the monthly magazine named ‘Radio Life’ by Sansai-books in Tokyo.
He likes traveling and long distance MW/FM radio listening, so I’d like to introduce his MW loggings in Kagoshima city on my blog.
The loggings is old (nearly one year ago) and only targeted for domestic (Japanese) MW stations.
the main part of this city (from Wikipedia)
Sakurajima volcano (from Wikipedia)
- The past posts of 'travel_and_listening' category (in Japan)(2017.03.19)
- FM logging on a top of Jukkoku Pass(2015.06.15)
- The past posts of 'travel_and_listening' category(2017.02.12)
- Radio_Japan only on Sept 18/19, 2011 (In France)(2011.09.19)
- FM in December 2016 (in Canary islands, Spain)(2017.02.01)