FM in October 2016 (in Hokkaido, Japan)
I went to Sapporo city, Hokkaido in last week.
Hokkaido is the second largest island of Japan, and the northmost prefecture. The capital is Sapporo city.
I've been to Hokkaido more than 20 times, both on business and for pleasure, so am well-informed about there.
In my spare time, tried to chase FM stations from the observatory floor of the 'JR Tower T38' by my PL-380 with its telescopic antenna.
It’s located 38 stories or 160 meters above ground, holds the distinction of being the highest floor of any building, not only in Sapporo but also in Hokkaido.
I was able to confirm no less than 18 stations, classified them into the following four types.
1) New style low powered community FM stations, usually own one transmitter.
2) Traditional prefectural (commercial) FM stations with a lot of relays and repeaters.
(In Hokkaido, FM North Wave and AIR-G’)
3) NHK's (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) stations with a lot of relays and repeaters
4) Complementary (supplementary) FM services of MW stations
(In Hokkaido, HBC radio and STV radio)
(the tower38 guide in English, Chinese and Korean)
【FM in Sapporo】
‘NLP’ is a broadcast of new style low powered community FM station
‘TFS’ is a broadcast of traditional style high powered commercial station including NHK
‘WFM’ is a complementary (supplementary) station of traditional MW radio
(the complementary/supplementary FM - explanations on this blog)
(MHz / station / style / location / SIO)
the time duration was from 2pm to 4pm
76.2 Sankaku-yama-hoso, NLP, Sapporo 454
76.5 FM Toyohira, NLP, Sapporo, 252
77.2 FM North wave, TFS, Sapporo odori, 454
78.1 Sapporo community radio, NLP, Sapporo, 555
78.6 Sapporo radio hoso, NLP, Sapporo, 454
79.2 AIR-G’, TFS, Sapporo odori, 454
79.5 FM North wave, TFS, Otaru city, 454
79.9 FM Mapple, NLP, Kita-hiroshima city, 252
80.4 AIR-G’, TFS, Sapporo, 555
81.3 Sapporo mura radio, NLP, Sapporo, 353
81.6 NHK-FM, TFS, Sapporo odori, 555
81.9 AIR-G’, TFS, Otaru city, 454
82.5 FM North wave, TFS, Sapporo, 555
83.0 FM Shiroishi with-S, NLP, Sapporo shiroishi, 353
84.0 NHK-FM, TFS, Fukagawa city, 454
85.2 NHK-FM (JOIK-FM), TFS, Sapporo, 555
90.4 STV Radio, WFM, Sapporo Teine Mt., 555
91.5 HBC Radio, WFM, Sapporo Teine Mt., 555
(My last travel to Sapporo was in May 2013)
in the observation floor
the outer appearance of the tower
- The past posts of 'travel_and_listening' category (in Japan)(2017.03.19)
- FM logging on a top of Jukkoku Pass(2015.06.15)
- The past posts of 'travel_and_listening' category(2017.02.12)
- Radio_Japan only on Sept 18/19, 2011 (In France)(2011.09.19)
- FM in December 2016 (in Canary islands, Spain)(2017.02.01)